Saturday, March 23, 2013

Overwhelmed, Less Than A Month Left In The United States

We have less than a month left until we depart for the Philippines. We still haven't packed. We just bought our plane tickets last week. This past week has been filled with funerals, birthdays, and doctor's appointments. We have even more doctor's and dentist's appointments--and procedures--that lie ahead, prior to our departure.

We still need to do our taxes. And some.

We still need to get rid of our cars.

We still need to get rid of some real estate.

We still need to straighten out our children's school enrollment/dis-enrollment from school.

We still need to decide if we're going to bring our dog with us (he's not even with us in the State of Hawaii right now--he is on the U.S. mainland).

Thankfully, God has already blessed us with a place to stay in the Philippines while we attend medical school. Thankfully, He recently allowed us to get accepted into medical school! 

With such blessings come great responsibilities!!! 

This photo was taken just outside the firing range
of Kaneohe Marine Base, Hawaii
There's a lot to do still, way lots! But, I'd like to take this weekend "off" by de-cluttering my mind. Yes, our physical space is cluttered as well, but having an "NT" (Rational type--the other 3 types include Guardians, Artisans, and Idealists) Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) naturally causes me to need to de-clutter my mind before I can de-clutter my physical space. In other words, I can't effectively function until I manage to possess a clear mind.

As mentioned, the past week has been filled with physical activities and the upcoming week will be just the same (actually, worse). I need to take advantage of this time to recharge, ignore my surroundings for a bit, spend some quiet time with God, and clear my mind.

Today, my wonderful, understanding, and patient husband took all the of the children out to do some errands, get their haircuts done, and whatever other activities are involved in giving me 3 hours of space. I have three hours to engage --then clear--my mind before our next family activity (which includes a family photo shoot and many other things).

I decided to engage my mind by proactively charting out our own medical education path to ensure that we are on track to meet our targets, i.e. pass the USMLE Steps 1 - 3 and get licensed in the State of California, Lord willing. I'll be blogging about our preliminary preparations for the USMLE and California medical licensing shortly.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


DISCLAIMER: I am by no means affiliated with any of the organizations listed in this blogpost. For the most accurate and recent information on any of these organizations, please visit their website or contact them directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment